Les éditions Clovis viennent de rééditer le livre de chant Magnificat publié en 2004, sous le titre «Chants liturgiques». L’association Sacra Musica avait édité auparavant, en 2011, un livre de chant intitulé Magnificat Dominum. Pourquoi deux livres différents ? Querelle de chapelle? Quelques rappels afin de saisir le pourquoi des choses.
This is the last box of the series, a 3-disc box set that offers masses much of which is unique to this day.
Following the publication of Temporal masses (vol. 1-7), we addressed the Feasts of Saints (vol. 9 & 10), at least the major ones. Yet, there was still a need to cover all these Feasts of Saints which – although less important in the hierarchy of liturgical celebrations – are nonetheless sung in various places, often due to local reasons, hence this volume in which the material abounds.
Many saints have no proper mass, but the liturgy makes use of a common one, hence the presentation of the common parts of saints.
But we wanted to add three other chapters:
- Some masses commonly celebrated and sung in France and elsewhere: Holy Genevieve, Joan of Arc, Therese of Lisieux, Cecilia (patron of sacred music) and the apparitions of Our Lady of Lourdes, as well as St. Martin.
- Most masses of the Apostles
- The melisma of Allelúia added to the three common parts (Introitus, Offertory & Communio) during the Easter season, and this in the eight tones. This last chapter meets the didactical aim of our collection.
As the Gregorian scores of the Masses of Holy Genevieve and Joan of Arc are not to be found in all books of song, we offer them for free download on our website.
Our integral collection of Gregorian chant records ends here, with volume 15. In total, it contains 843 tracks on 32 discs. There are still some disparate elements in the repertoire that are not in our collection. We offer them on our website, the aim being that singers may find any Gregorian piece either on our records or on our website. To facilitate the research of a piece or a mass, a database with a search engine will be available on our website at the beginning of 2014.
Thanks to this full series, the learning "mess" is over. If until now, learning was a long struggle with decryption, this full series of Gregorian chant will change your life. No more guesswork! Over with approximation! You'll just sing right; you’ll use the notes marked in the book. Farewell to cold sweat and personal improvisations!
The hymn of Lent Vespers puts us in the mindset of this liturgical season. This hymn is rather cheerful, full of hope, hope for an end to this valley of tears.
It is extracted from volume 12 of our collection which gathers 23 other liturgical anthems and the Sunday vespers and compline.
Audi benigne Conditor
Ce coffret est exceptionnel pour deux raisons :
- D’une part, il redonne les chants d’une liturgie exceptionnelle, celle de l’Office des Ténèbres, de la Passion du Christ (Matines du Jeudi-saint, vendredi-saint et samedi-saint)
- D’autre part, il vous propose (en plus de l’intégrale des Matines) des chants étonnants de beauté que vous ne trouverez pas ailleurs:
- les leçons des Ténèbres en tons mozarabes
- le chant (romain) de la Passion selon saint Jean